Information we may provide to others.
We may disclose information about our applicants, customers and former customers, as permitted or required by law in conjunction with our normal referral operations, such as:
- in the processing of an insurance claim
- in connection with a legal proceeding
- with government agencies conducting examinations of our procedures
- internal marketing
We collect and maintain personal information about you in order to carry out our functions as a referrer of insurance products. All personal information submitted is treated with the utmost confidentiality and with appropriate levels of security.
This information is used by our underwriting and referring partners to manage the issuance of an insurance policy, including underwriting and claims handling, and may be stored as computer records and/or paper files to assist us to complete transactions, or follow up discrepancies, complaints or queries. Details may also be submitted to regulatory authorities and auditors. Unless otherwise instructed, we may use personal data for commercial purposes.
Personal Information Restrictions
Access to the information you submit is limited to employees of Frost Insurances Ltd and our underwriting partners who have legitimate business needs for such information with respect to the insurance policies issued. We maintain procedural and electronic safeguards to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your non-public personal information.
Our servers obtain information about the the manner in which you connect to it. This data may contain details such as your IP address, the kind of operating system you are using and the version of your internet browser or which device you are connecting with. This information is used only for the purposes of analysing the traffic to the website.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ to track visitor navigation. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer, which identify it to our website. Cookies do not contain viruses, and the cookies stored on your computer by the website do not contain any kind of personal, private or sensitive information. They are used simply to track navigation and remember data and preferences submitted by you. Cookies can be disabled on your browser at any time but may affect the level of service we can provide if altered when you purchase a policy from our website or return at a later date to complete a purchase.
We have enabled the “Display Advertiser Support” option in our Google Analytics tracking for the purpose of collecting Demographic and Interest Profiles on our users. These profiles do not contain any sensitive information (such as date of birth) but do contain information such as general Age, Affinities etc. We use this information for the purpose of creating shareable and relevant content marketing materials such as blogs or social media articles that you may be interested in. We do not pass any of this information to marketing companies or third parties who do not have a legal right to your information.
Any sensitive data supplied by you in order to purchase an insurance policy, such as dates of birth etc, will only be used for the purpose specified at the time of submitting this data.
We reserve the right to provide this information, when we are legally obliged, to official bodies such as the Police, the Courts, or other organisations investigating insurance fraud.
Frost Insurances Ltd comply with the following:
- Data Protection Act 1998 & 2003
- Criminal Damage Act 1991
- Criminal Justice (Theft & Fraud offences Act 2001)
- Child trafficking & pornography Act 1988
- Copyright &related rights Act 2000
- Equal status Act 2000
- The 8 Rules to Data Protection
How We Use Your Data
Where permitted by law, we may use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information regarding changes to policies, other terms and conditions or other administrative information.
- Provide improved quality and security.
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyze and manage other commercial risks.
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.